Friday 12 December 2008

Reeves: 'I wanted to play Wolverine'

From: DigitalSpy.co.uk
Written by: Michael Thornton

Keanu Reeves has revealed that he would love to have taken on the role of comic book character Wolverine.

The actor, who played Vertigo Comics' hero Constantine in a movie adaptation, admitted that he was jealous when the part of the X-Men character went to Hugh Jackman.

"I had a little actor envy when Hugh Jackman got to play Wolverine and I didn't. The claws are cool and I liked his fortitude and honour," he told Metro.

Reeves also revealed that he has been a fan of superhero stories throughout his life, saying: "As a kid I loved comic books. I started at summer camp reading Richie Rich and Archie.

"Later I got into [writer] Frank Miller and loved The Dark Knight Returns and Alan Moore's Watchmen. Then I became interested in Japanese anime."

No comments: