Tuesday 9 December 2008

Jones Defends Bar Brawl

From: Imdb.com

Hollywood tough guy Vinnie Jones is adamant he only fought in a recent bar brawl to defend himself after an attacker tried to blind him with glass.

The soccer star-turned-actor was arrested and booked for misdemeanour simple assault last week after finding himself at the centre of a fight at Wiley's Tavern in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.

The star was so badly hurt in the showdown he had to be admitted to hospital, where he needed 48 stitches across his nose and face.

And Jones insists he was stunned by the unprovoked attack - because it happened while he was taking pictures with fans.

He says, "I was in South Dakota with a crowd of mates for a pheasant shoot. We stopped off for a few beers and didn.t think anything of it. I arrived at the boozer (bar) and was signing autographs and doing pictures.

"We were having a laugh with a group of lads at the pool table, whose girlfriends I was doing pictures for. They started having a joke about my films. The next thing I knew I was on the ground with a glass in my face.

"It was over in seconds. The blood was pouring out. The attack came from nowhere. I was stunned by it. All the way through it, someone was shouting, .Knife!'"

In the bar's CCTV footage, a bloodied Jones can be seen heading to the restroom when he confronts fellow patron Juan Barrera, 24, in a corridor and begins punching him. Barrera then attempts to pick Jones up and throw him.

But the British star has accused Barrera and his friends of instigating the incident, and defended his own actions by declaring: "The fact is: Someone tried to blind me. Would you not be p**sed off if someone tried to blind you for life?"

No comments: