Saturday 13 December 2008

Have You Seen The Wolverine Trailer? What Do You Think?

From: ScreenRant.com

I just thought I’d put up a post to discuss the Wolverine trailer for those who might have subjected themselves to The Day the Earth Stood Still this weekend despite my warning.

My buddy over at Movies Online has alerted me to the fact that the trailer will be released online on Monday, December 15th on (ugh) Myspace.

As soon as it’s released we’ll post it up right here for you, so if you can wait a couple of days you won’t have to sit through this weekend’s terrible remake.

I’ve seen the X-Men Origins: Wolverine trailer and I’m very curious to hear what you think about it. I was excited to see it come up, and believe me, I really want to like this movie and for it to be great. The thing is, I found the trailer to be kind of disjointed. It showed a bunch of scenes that give you brief glimpses of many mutants: Gambit, Deadpool, the Blob, Emma Frost and more Sabretooth than the others. There’s also tons of action including one scene that while dramatic, seemed kind of crazy in hindsight - with Wolverine leaping from a vehicle on the ground up towards a helicopter… pretty much “leaping tall buildings.”

The trailer was all over the place and it was hard to figure out what exactly the overall plot of the film will be from it - lots of stuff but it didn’t really form a cohesive whole.

This may seem like overthinking a bloody trailer, but when we bring it to you on Monday you’ll see what I’m talking about.

Anyway, if you HAVE seen it, what did you think?

No comments: