Tuesday 9 December 2008

Liev Schreiber talks Sabretooth.

From: FilmIconic.com

Liev Schreiber says Sabretooth is the most brutal character he has ever played.

While promoting war drama Defiance, Liev Schreiber spoke to Scifi.com about his role as Sabretooth in X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

“I found it to be really intense,” Schreiber said in a group interview on Dec. 7 in Beverly Hills, Calif., where he was promoting Defiance. “The character I play is incredibly brutal and feral and has a bloodlust unlike any other character I’ve ever played. This guy is a real killer.”

“Just to do [a] fight scene with Hugh was really terrific because as a dancer, he has that kind of discipline and choreography,” Schreiber said. “I always studied to be a fight choreographer and wanted to be a dancer, too, but didn’t quite have the feet for it. We have some remarkable fight scenes together, and I’m looking forward to people seeing those.”

As a fan of the comic books, Schreiber vouched for the upcoming film’s interpretation. “I was a fan of the comic books,” he said. “I just loved the character of Wolverine. I always have. That sort of deeply ironic and very urban sensibility on a superhero was something that I thought was really groundbreaking, the style of writing, particularly the very sort of editorial style. I just always loved it, and I think that we were able to capture some of that darkness in this movie, so I’m very proud.”

We should be seeing some new footage of Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth when the X-Men Origins: Wolverine trailer arrives on Friday.

No comments: