Sunday 19 April 2009

Hugh Jackman too buff for wife

From: MonstersAndCritics.com

Hugh Jackman's wife finds his muscular body "annoying".

The actor, who embarked on a gruelling exercise regime for his new movie 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine', infuriated his spouse Deborra-Lee Furness by getting into better shape than her.

He joked: "She gets very annoyed. She says, 'A husband's job is to be fat and flabby and make me look fabulous.' She said I wasn't living up to my end of the bargain."

Hugh undertook a "full-on" fitness and diet programme to reprise his role as the mutant superhero and insists he achieved his chiselled physique solely through hard work and healthy eating.

The 40-year-old Australian actor started each day at 6am with a full work out, followed by another intense session in the afternoon.

He also had to eat a small meal of steamed chicken and vegetables every three hours.

Addressing reports he used steroids to bulk up, he said: "I'm an actor man. I don't want to kill myself.

No comments: