Saturday 26 April 2008

Hugh Jackman on Wolverine

From:

Hugh Jackman talked to The Herald Sun a bit about X-Men Origins: Wolverine:

Jackman is deep into shooting an X-Men spinoff and new Seed project Wolverine in Sydney with co-stars Liev Schreiber and Ryan Reynolds.

"I'm used to these movies now," he says. "They're big and there's a lot involved, a lot at stake, so it's always high pressure. But Gavin Hood, our director, is a real force. He's an Oscar-winning director (for Tsotsi) and he's used to working under different kinds of pressure and stresses."

Jackman hand-picked Melbourne youngster Kodi Smit-McPhee (Romulus, My Father) to play Wolverine as a young man.

"He's one of those kids who's fearless," Jackman says. "I hope he doesn't read this article because yes, there is pressure on him because of who he's playing and the expectations of fans. I was lucky to be completely ignorant of fans' expectations and the whole world before X-Men came out. I just hope he doesn't read too much or go on the internet because he naturally has the goods I know the fans will love."

"Wolverine" hits theaters on May 1, 2009.

No comments: