Wednesday 13 May 2009

Movie workouts left Jackman exhausted

From: digitalspy.co.uk
Written by: Daniel Kilkelly

Hugh Jackman has admitted that training sessions for his part in X-Men Origins: Wolverine left him close to collapse.

The Australian actor was forced to bulk up for the movie's title role - a mutant with retracting bone claws and animal-like instincts.

Speaking to Celebs On Sunday magazine, Jackman explained: "I wanted audiences to think, 'This guy could easily rip someone's head off', so I worked hard to achieve that physique. I ran and had to lift very heavy weights.

"Every morning I'd get up and there was a part of me that just wanted to collapse, but you just have to keep going, it's full-on testosterone."

Asked if his wife Deborra-Lee Furness enjoyed the results, he replied: "She loves it. When we met, I was in a prison drama. I had long hair, a mullet, a lot of muscles and tattoos. I was seriously pumped up."

X-Men Origins: Wolverine was released to cinemas last month.

No comments: