Friday 28 November 2008

Hugh Jackman Ready to Leave His Wolverine Character

From: Aceshowbiz.com

Hugh Jackman, the actor who has taken on the Wolverine character since the first 'X-Men' movie, reveals that he will walk away from the series if 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' flops.

Despite sharing what he wants for "" sequel earlier, reveals that he will leave the "X-Men" series if "Wolverine" doesn't do well upon its release in 2009. To Moviehole on Thursday, November 27, the 40-year-old says, "If it's clear to us on May second or third that that's gone, then I'll walk away happily."

The actor, who has been dubbed as the 2008 Sexiest Man Alive by People, further explains the reason behind his future decision to leave the franchise. "I'm not going to flog something - or flog a dead horse, or try and make movies that people don't really want to go and see," he claims. "I have no interest in that. Even no matter how much I love the character. So there are many prerequisites"

On the occasion, Jackman also explains why he decided to go along with "X-Men Origins" movie. "Well, after X-Men, there was not, like, a fete accompli that I would do it. We basically got a great script. And I had the script and director. David Benioff, one of the great writers in Hollywood, came knocking at our door. And I went and had a meeting with him, and he told me his idea. And I just went, 'That is so brilliant'..."

"...Because as good a go as I'd had in X-Men I, II, and III, there was a lot of mystery left...But there were certainly a lot of mystery still left about his origins. ...ultimately, we all decided - I think rightly, after seeing the film - that you need to understand the character's origins, to understand who he is. And to really get it. So that's what the movie does. It goes right back to him as a kid, basically." The complete interview can be read at Moviehole.

No comments: