Thursday 13 March 2008

'Wolverine' to duke it out...in the World Series of Poker?

From:

It appears Logan may be cutting 'em down at the card tables in the upcoming 'X-Men Origins: Wolverine' movie, with poker superstars Phil Helmuth and Daniel Negreanu were slated for a cameo in the film.
A Toronto reader named Ian gives us this scoop:

I was listening to 102.1 The Edge (an alternative radio station in Toronto) and they had poker player Phil Helmuth on a special guest. They started talking a bit about homegrown poker great Daniel Negreanu and Phil revealed some interesting news. Apparently the two of them were offered a chance to appear in the 'Wolverine' movie in Sydney! Phil had other commitments, but Daniel accepted. Supposedly they were to be featured in a poker game with Logan which is then interrupted by an unknown antagonist.

The info was confirmed last week in Helmuth's blog. Writes the poker champ:

I was planning on flying to L. A. on Saturday for the WPT Celebrity Invitational, but I slept until 3:30. I was even still considering flying all the way to Sydney, Australia on Saturday night to do a cameo in the movie "Wolverine." Daniel Negreanu was leaving LAX Saturday night at around 10:00 pm, and I loved the idea of joining him. I was told that we were wanted for a key scene, even though we may only have received a few seconds of screen time, and not much money for the deal. So what? Of all of the poker players that were invited, Daniel and I both wanted to go!! I mean: how cool is that? I'm surprised that the other poker players didn't want to do it, but the travel was severe, the money not much, and the advance notice not more than a few days. I would have gone, but I committed to do an event for Ultimatebet.com in Toronto on the eighth called the Cross Canada Tour, and they needed me on set through the evening of the eighth. Oh well, I hope Daniel represents for the poker world!

No comments: