From: MTV.com
Written By: Blair Marnell
‘Wolverine’ Sequel To Shoot In 2011?
According to Hugh Jackman, the sequel to “X-Men Origins: Wolverine” may begin shooting in 2011.
"Wolverine's going to be back,” said Jackman during a backstage interview at the People’s Choice Awards. “He's going to Japan. We shoot that probably in a year, year-and-a-half, something like that."
As Jackman has previously indicated, the “Wolverine” sequel will be based upon the classic Chris Claremont and Frank Miller “Wolverine” story that finds Logan facing off against a Japanese crime lord and falling for his daughter, Mariko.
Last summer, screenwriter Christopher McQuarrie signed on to pen the "Wolverine" sequel. While a director has yet to be named, Gavin Hood — the director of the first “Wolverine” film — has expressed his interest in returning for the sequel.
Back in October, “Wolverine” producer Lauren Shuler Donner hinted that the sequel may be filmed in Japan to capture a sense of authenticity. She also stated that the film would showcase several new fighting styles for Wolverine.
"Wolverine will be fighting in a different style to what we've seen before," said Donner. "Mariko's father has this stick-like weapon, so Wolverine will have to fight against that. There'll be samurai, ninja, katana blades, different forms of martial arts — mano-a-mano, extreme fighting."
In addition to the “Wolverine” sequel, Bryan Singer’s “X-Men: First Class” adaptation and Ryan Reynolds’ “Deadpool” spinoff are also in active production.
Showing posts with label Mariko. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Mariko. Show all posts
Monday, 18 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)







