Friday 13 May 2011

X-Men: First Class - Havok Interview - Movies Feature at IGN

Lucas Till is best known for his roles in the Hannah Montana movie and Battle: Los Angles. This summer he'll be making the move into superhero flicks as Alex Summers, aka Havok, in the forthcoming X-Men: First Class. IGN visited the set late last year to sit down with the young star to discuss everything from superpowers to X-Men chat-up lines. Here's what he had to say...

And BEWARE OF SPOILERS ahead.

Lucas Till as Alex Summers/Havok

IGN: Have you always been a fan of the X-Men?

Lucas Till: Well I never read any of the comics but I grew up on the animated series when I was a little kid - I guess it came out in 1992. So I've always been an X-Men fan.

IGN: Can you tell us a little about who you play in the movie?

Till: Alex Summers, and his superhero name I guess is Havok. I'm Cyclops' younger brother so I can shoot plasma beams out of my entire body instead of just optic beams.

IGN: So is Alex in control of his power?

Till: Just like Scott can't control his power without glasses or a visor on, historically Alex has never been able to control his power either, so it's always been outbursts with a lack of control. In the comics he has a suit that absorbs excess energy but it was more like a meter that would tell him how much power he has, whereas in this one I have something that channels it because I can't control it myself. So I have a chest-piece that focuses the ray so I don't blow my team-mates up.

MORE: X-Men: First Class - Havok Interview - Movies Feature at IGN