Tuesday 14 April 2009

'Wolverine' Premiere Contest In Its Final Days

From: GetTheBigPicture.net

The online contest to host the U.S. premiere of X-Men Origins: Wolverine in your home town is coming to an end this week, but since we've updated you on the top ten before, we thought we'd give you the latest look at the tallies.

Selfishly, I'd like the premiere in Tempe, Arizona, which currently ranks third. I suspect since Phoenix is also in the top ten, if there was a concentrated effort on choosing one over the other, Tempe might be leading with just four days left. So, again, since the theater that would host that premiere is literally nine minutes from my house, I'd sure dig it if the Wolverine premiere happened in Tempe. So if you're a local, vote for zip code 85281 and not Phoenix or Scottsdale.

I don't know for certain that Tempe would be leading if all the votes had come down for it instead of splitting with Phoenix, because I don't know how big a lead Davis, California has over Hastings, Nebraska, which is in second place. I do know that the Phoenix metro is the only one with two cities in the top ten, so it's an educated guess.

To vote, go to X-MenOrigins.com/Premiere, and the contest runs through Friday, April 17th. The premiere will be held on Monday, April 27th, with Hugh Jackman and other cast members in attendance, and the winning city will be announced next week.

Here are the top ten as of Monday, April 13th:

Davis, CA
Hastings, NE
Tempe, AZ
Melbourne, FL
Austin, TX
St. Louis, MO
Grand Rapids, MI
Philadelphia, PA
Phoenix, AZ
Dallas, TX

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't even live in Tempe, I live in Tucson but my mom lives in Tempe and that is where I also went to high school so I voted 85281. It would be awesome if AZ got the premiere!! G/L