Wednesday 21 January 2009

Liev Schreiber originally set to wear muscle suit for Wolverine

From: Filmonic.com

Some of the characters that will be appearing in X-Men Origins: Wolverine will be larger than life, in more ways than one. We have the Blob, played by Kevin Durand in a fat suit, which should be a sight to see. We also have Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth, who was originally going to wear a muscle suit to bulk him up and make him look more menacing, however he decided he would get muscles his own way.

From Details magazine:

Just over a year ago, Schreiber was “smoking a pack and a half and drinking my nuts off” on a Broadway stage eight times a week in a blistering, virtuoso performance in Eric Bogosian’s Talk Radio. Then he was cast as Sabretooth, the supervillain in this summer’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine, opposite his friend Hugh Jackman. (”The very large and very muscular Hugh Jackman,” he says.)

“I started to read blogs in the comic world with things like ‘That’s the dumpiest, most out-of-shape Sabretooth I’ve ever seen in my life!’” he says. “They gave me a muscle suit at the beginning. I was so humiliated I thought, I’ve got to try to do this on my own.” Jackman helped him train, putting him on a diet so poultry-intensive that Schreiber jokes they were becoming “the Hitler and Mussolini of the chicken world. But I felt like I owed it to the genre to be big.”

It’s good to see Liev was dedicated to his role, unlike Kevin Durand. If you land the role of The Blob you eat and eat until you become horribly obese. Wearing a fat suit is just a cop out. Shame on you Kevin Durand! Shame on youuu!

No comments: