Friday 19 December 2008

Liev Schreiber was first asked to play Stryker in Wolverine

From: FilmIconic.com

Most of us have seen the recent trailer for X-Men Origins: Wolverine (if not click here) and we got out first glimpse at Gambit, Stryker, Emma Frost, and Sabretooth in action. Well things could have been a little different according to Liev Schreiber who plays Wolverine’s half brother and rival in the film.

“I read the comics before I got offered the part,” says the 41-year-old. “I mean, I knew the character really well. Initially I’d been asked to play Stryker and I said, ‘Is there any chance that I might be able to play this Victor Creed guy?’” he recalls.

While that would have been interesting, from the trailer it is clear Danny Huston was a better casting choice for William Stryker. Liev continues:

“Victor Creed is Sabertooth, and I just want everyone to know that my character has a name,” he says smiling. “He’s a person too.”

“…rather than just say that Sabertooth’s a violent brute, I wanted to find out what makes the brute tick,” he says. “Hopefully people will like it.”

No comments: